Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Treatment for blood clot

my brother in law has a blood clot in his left leg some of the clot broke off and went to his lung and heart he has been on cuemiden. one doctor told him he may have a month to live I dont know all the details but are there other treatments to help blood clots ?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  530
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, as per history your brother has been suffering from DVT, palvic vein thrombosis lead to pulmonary embolism. you should rule out the cause of it. common causes are long bed rest, renal diease, high cholesterol n diabetic patients. discuss it with your doc n start thrombolytic drug after advising your doc.
Answered: Mon, 5 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Consult physician as soon as possible.if treated early will give good result.
Better admit in ICCU ,with intensive treatment he will be allright.
At present nothing to worry.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 5 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor