Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Tooth extracted, in pain. Is it related to valve replacement surgery? See an ENT?

2 root canals in a month-first tooth extracted because pain never went away. Tooth was woked on several times. Filling created too much pressure. 2nd tooth following same pattern.Just filled and pressure is intense. On antibiotics-new valves-and pain killers. Should I see an ENT? Had a neuro work-up and head CT. Everything normal. I am at a loss to deal with the pain. Is extraction the only answer? X-rays show nothing amiss and I have been taking antibioticas and was on a Medrol Pack. My valve replacement surgery was 5 months ago, but I don t know if this is relevant. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum.
I read your problem,i would like to tell you that in some cases because of persisting infection there is pain after closed dressing.For this closed dressing can be removed and open dressing can be given and tooth would be left for few days.As the infection subsides treatment can be continued.
So nothing to get worried,i will suggest you go to an endodontist in your area bacuase endodontist deals with root canal treatment.
Take Care.
Dr. Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Fri, 5 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Santanu Sain's  Response
according to the history it seems that you are suffering from 'hot tooth '...these are some exceptional cases in rct procedures where patients suffer from pain,when a closed dressing is given after extirpation of pulp.But this has no relation with valve replacement,so don't worry.these situations can be negotiated with placing depulping agent in pulp chamber and keeping the tooth in open dressing for a couple of will be better to consult an endodontist for this purpose.wish you good health .thank you.
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor