Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Toddler with a yeast rash, pink eye. Prescribed Diffucan. Can this cure pinkeye?

hello my name is katrina, i have a one year old son who was diagnosed with a yeast rash a few weeks ago. his doctor prescribed him fluconizole/ diflucan . i am now suspiscious that he may have pinkeye, and i cant get him to the doctor until next week. i was wondering if the diflucan might be able to take care of the infection. so my question is, can diflucan cure pinkeye?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Pink eye- conjunctivitis- is usually viral, allergic or bacterial by cause.

Viral conjunctivitis presents with itching, watering and redness along with other symptoms like running nose. It is usually self limiting.

Bacterial conjunctivitis presents with pus like discharge with swelling and redness of eyelids. This might need treatment with antibiotic eye drops/ eye ointment.

Allergic conjunctivitis if severe might need Antihistamines.

Diflucan being an antifungal- is not going to help you for pink eye.

So its better to see a doctor and get her treated accordingly.

Wish your son good health.
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor