Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Thyroid widal test done. Any work restriction, diet to follow? Can we take antibiotics yearly once?

dear doctor, ma mom aged 42 yrs got typhoid widal test which shows s.typhi O -1:160 dil s.typhi H -1: 80 dil s.paratyphi AH -1: 40 dil s.paratyphi BH -1: 40 dil is anyting serious? wat diet should b taken? can she do any household work r is it restricted? for how many should she take care in d diet? will it comes again? r is it recommended to take antibiotics( syringe ) after 3 months r yearly once? pls do reply waiting for yur favourable response
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Typhoid fever spreads through infected water/food.
The most important precaution you need to take is to drink filtered water, eat freshly prepared food to avoid recurrence.
Regarding diet there should be no restriction except to avoid spicy/oily food as sometimes it can cause gastritis.
Regarding antibiotics, once you complete full course, there is no need to take repeated courses.
Regarding bed rest she need not take absolute bed rest. If she is feeling OK, she can continue household activities. If she is feeling weak, she can take rest as long as she recovers fully.
Hope this has solved your queries.
Wish her good health & speedy recovery.
Answered: Sun, 2 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor