Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Thickening of the uterine wall

my mum has just been told she has thickening of the womb after months of pain and bleediing. what is this thickening can it be bad? She is 80 with high BP, not over weight.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  359
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
This condition is called endometrial hyperplasia.The uterine wall usually becomes thinner in old age but if instead it becomes thicker,there is heavy bleeding,and causes problems.The main concern here is endometrial cancer.She needs to do a small procedure called D&C so that the endometrial tissue can be tested to look if there is cancer.In such a case,surgery/radiation would be the treatment.I suggest she gets this done asap.
Answered: Sat, 19 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor