Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Tested for high vaginal swab, having vaginal discharge, pain during sex, painful urination, back pain

Hi i need an opinion on the lab test results for HVS i was copied with: pus cells - 1-2; rbc - 12-15; epithelial cells - 8-10; what is hof? no presence of candida , trichimonas vaginalis, or clue cell however culture yielded strep b. do i have to treat any of this? I do experience vaginal discharge and sometimes pain during sex but not all the time. Usually it happens early after mensturation. I also had painful urination but that was last year and had not since recurred. Right now, i feel like i have cramps in my lower back, but almost negligible. I could carry on normally without a lot of inconvenience. Vital stats: age 33, weight 120 lbs, height 5 4 everything else normal.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

The presence of vaginal discharge, dysparuenia (pain after having sex), lower back ache and apositive vaginal swab for streptococci suggests infection of the genital tract with streptococcus bacteria.
Painful urination suggests concomitant urinary tract infection.

You need to take antibiotics after drug senstivity.
The infection will clear away after taking antibiotic.

Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor