Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Teeth stain and white spot, kindly help me

hey. i have been having teeth problem for quite a long time. ok so here s the problem, my teeth are slightly yellow and i believe these are caused by coffee and smoking. but however, my front two teeth seems to be more yellow than the others and sometimes there are white spots on the front two teeth. so i was wondering what is the causes and is there any solution for it?? well, appearance for me is at top i really need help on this. *FYI: few years back i have seen a dental in school, and i asked him about this problem. and he tried using the whatever tool and remove it but it couldnt be removed. i asked him why and he said it was because of my teeth formation or something like that. i do believe he is a new dentist and have not much experience. hence i really need some professional help on removing these stains. thanks so as to let the docs to have a better picture, there s a pic i taken and you could see my front two teeth yellowish part and white spot. thanks , xylon
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
The photograph shows that you have dental fluorosis. This is a condition which occurs due to consumption of water containing high levels of fluoride during birth to 8 years of age. The treatment for it is Bleaching- Zoom whitening or Laminate veneers or ceramic crowns. Your teeth are also malaligned which requires orthodontic correction.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
Hi Xylon,
GR8 intra-oral photography!!!
These look like stains of fluorosis.
After a thorough sub-gingival scaling following are your options:
1. Bleaching
2. veeneering/lamination
please consult a COSMETIC DENTAL SURGEON in your area for further guidance/treatment.
These are generally hour-long chair-side procedures & they will definitely improve your looks dramatically.
Stopping/cutting down on your smoking will be the best thing for you.
Thanks & All the best
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello xylon,
saw your picture veneering or bleaching will definitely help you out. as you are more concerned about the appearance your teeth seems to be not in proper allignment, lower set of front teeth seems more irregularly arranged so can go for orthodontic treatment to get a perfect alligned teeth. take care.
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
Hello Again Xylon,
Teeth whitening is technically called as bleaching...means the same thing. Bleaching is of two kinds: Chemical & Laser. Chemical is faster & cheaper whereas Laser bleach is long lasting. It will definitely not worsen the situation.
Veneering is a more permanent solution with excellent results.
Unfortunately all cosmetic procedures are expensive & not covered by any insurance but the investment will be well worth it after you see the final result.
Like I said, get in touch with a good cosmetic dental surgeon ASAP.
Thanks & Take care
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor