Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Taking cardivas, losarg l and modlip asg for low heart beat. Is there any permanent solution?

hi doctor my brother in law having low heart beat problem, it beats 35 per minute. this problem is there since 10 years. he is using following tablets cardivas 3.125 mg Losarg L Modlip asg i believe these medicines only controling the problem but not curing it. for permanent cure what is the solution. please reply me at YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The tablets mentioned do not treat the slow rate!
Cardivas is a Beta-blocker / the dose is small / yet could be contributing to the slowness of the rate.

If the rate is slow and he is symptomatic, he should have Electro Physiological Studies.
He may need a Pacemaker implantaiton.
This may last a decade and more.
There is no other cure.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor