Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Taking Metformin and Clomid for PCOD, irregular periods. Is this treatment helpful to get pregnant?

Iam married seven month ago,two month ago my period was absent, the doctor say I have PCOD and he give me metaformin, orgametril and clomid , but the period is irregular and should be take orgametril first then the period come. Really I want to become pregnant , please advise me what i can do, is this treatment is helpful ?
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I understand your concern and worry.

All the 3 drugs you mentioned are used in the treatment of PCOD. But the dosage and combination of medicines used are often individualized depending on each individual case.

Yes, this treatment is useful and is used commonly.

You need to follow up regularly with your treating doctor. Patience is very important.

I am sure you will get pregnant soon.

All the best.

Answered: Wed, 9 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor