Suggest treatment for upper left abdominal pain, burning sensation in the back and IBS

hello...i have been experiencing upper left quadrant abdominal pain that radiates around to my back. Also, a burning sensation across my back and a presence of something internal to the left side. Difficulty defacating (hx. of ibs)...stools produced are either formed and smell metallic, or diarrhea
Fri, 8 Mar 2019
Hi.

Pain in left side of abdomen, radiating to back with burning sensation and feeling something internal on left side of abdomen can be due to the following reasons:
Colitis on the same side.
Kidney problem like hydronephrosis with or without stone.
Burning sensation may indicate towards problems with spinal cord and nerves like pinched or so.
Although you are giving a history of IBs that is irritable bowel syndrome it is mandatory to have relevant investigations to watch for any specific disease or if only all the investigations are normal then we can say this to be due to IBS.
Tests of stool.
Tests of blood.
Tests of urine with culture and sensitivity.
CT scan of abdomen and MRI of back if spinal cord problem is suspected on clinical evaluation.
Colonoscopy and biopsy after preparation.
All these things will lead to a proper diagnosis sop that a specific treatment can be done.
If all the tests are normal then only this can be termed to be IBS and then control of stress, anxiety or any psychological problem can give you relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant,
General Surgeon