Thank you for asking at HCM.
I went through your daughter's history and would like to know more about her as follows:
a. Are hives related to any particular food or drug?
b. Does she have any respiratory allergies like allergic rhinitis
, asthma, etc?
c. Does she have any digestion related complaints like repeated diarrhoea
, stomach pain, etc?
Above details would help me to know about your daughter's complaints better and therefore to make suggestions for her more specifically.
However, at present, from your provided details, I would like to make suggestions for her as follows:
1. I usually suggest such patients antihistamines like cetirizine or levocetirizine
regularly for 7-10 days, depending upon response.
2. I would also suggest her to regularly apply lotion like calamine over the itchy areas as well as over dry skin
3. Please do not scratch the itchy areas as scratching would only increase itching and hives. Please make sure that her nails are well trimmed.
4. I also suggest my such patients to avoid too tight clothing or irritant clothing material like woolen clothes. Usually loose/comfortable-fitting, cotton clothes are better for patients with hives.
5. If physical factors like temperature differences, warm water, hot/spicy foods/beverages, etc are aggravating her hives, I would suggest her to avoid them.
6. If she has repeated digestive problems, I would also suggest my such patients a course of anti-parasitic drugs like albendazole
7. If she does not respond to above measures, I would suggest to get her investigated with basic investigations like complete blood counts, ESR, CRP, stool & urine examination, serum total IgE, etc. Which might help towards diagnosis.
Hope above suggestions will be helpful to your daughter.
Should you have any further query, please feel free to ask at HCM.
Wish your daughter the best of the health ahead.
Thank you & Regards.