Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
172 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe vertigo

yes I have been dealing with Vertigo for about 2 years .But the past few mouths it has got a lot worse I have been to my local doctor and they give me medicine to take. I still have the symptoms nausea,off balance , hissing in my both ear s worst in left ear , it affects my vision also
Wed, 18 Jan 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You need to consider being assessed by a neurologist and ENT specialist if you have not previously been seen by these specialist. These doctors would be able to conduct a full assessment of the neurological system as well of the ears, nose and throat to see if any cause can be identified. Imaging such as an MRI, may need to be done to take a look at the brain and head to make sure there is no structural cause. If a reversible cause is found then this can be treated. The most common causes are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, Meniere disease and vestibular neuronitis. None of these are life threatening but if they are identified then you can be appropriately identified.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

How can I stop my vertigo from coming back the bppv nor I get it almost every month and a half and when iif comes after the spinning stops I still...