Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
189 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for severe vertigo

I have an employee in my office and she is feeling dizzy. She is a 42 year old Asian female. She feels dizzy when she turns her head from side to side or bends over. She is sitting in a chair right now and still feels a little dizzy. It does not seem to be quite vertigo as long as she does not move much. She is also very hot.
Tue, 4 Oct 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

I can understand your concern. It is possible that your colleague is suffering from positional vertigo.

In this disorder, the patient feels dizzy only when she moves the position of the head and otherwise there is no dizziness. For the management of this disorder, it is important that an ENT specialist is consulted to rule out any disorder associated with the ear. If ear is fine, then neurologist should be consulted for the further tests for diagnosis and management.

I hope this information helps you. Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic. I wish your colleague feels better soon.

Dr. Viraj Shah
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have had severe vertigo for 17 months. Been to several doctors. Some say I have fluid in my ears, some say I don t. I seen an ENT specialist, he...