Welcome to healthcaremagic,
The response to treatment shown in psoriasis
is different from patient to patient. You are currently taking folitrax (methotrexate
) which is a standard drug given for psoriasis. It will take sometime for your condition to gradually improve, remember there is no complete cure for psoriasis. If your skin lesion worsen you will need to increase the dose or take light therapy
). I will suggest you some methods which may help improve your condition.
1. Choose your soaps and perfumes which are specially designed and labelled for sensitive skin, as they will not have strong dyes in them.
2. Avoid red meat and lot of fatty food.
3. Eat more of cranberries and nuts.
4. Use sensitive skin moisturizers.
5. Primrose oil capsule once a day have been found to be beneficial in many patients.
6. Take your psoriasis medications regularly.
Hope that answers your question,