Suggest treatment for paralysis stroke on the left side of the body

Hi, my mother has suffered from a paralysis stroke on left side. Initially, her right leg and hand both were affected. However their is recovery in leg but hand is still not fully recovered. She feels uncomfortable very often and in winter her Bp also shoots up. Please advise the precautions
Mon, 9 Jan 2017

I understand your concern for your mother.

1) Firstly since she has had a stroke earlier, you have to very cautious regarding the treatment. The blood pressure has to be in control. Make a chart of BP findings with date and time. Show this to your physician regularly.

2) You need to make her follow a strict less salt or low sodium salt diet. Reduce oily foods.

3) Since she is already paralyzed, regular physiotherapy sessions have to be taken to improve as much as possible. It is both time taking and painful, but you should do it.

4) Protect her from bed sore by making her sleep on air beds. Massage body regularly and apply Neosporin on Lesions on her body if any.

5) Encourage her to do regular movement of body to improve her condition.

6) Take prescribed medications without fail and have regular checkup done. You are a living kid of your mother, take good care of her.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Suhas Chauhan