Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

166 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for paralysis stroke on the left side of the body

Hi, my mother has suffered from a paralysis stroke on left side. Initially, her right leg and hand both were affected. However their is recovery in leg but hand is still not fully recovered. She feels uncomfortable very often and in winter her Bp also shoots up. Please advise the precautions
Mon, 9 Jan 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I understand your concern for your mother.

1) Firstly since she has had a stroke earlier, you have to very cautious regarding the treatment. The blood pressure has to be in control. Make a chart of BP findings with date and time. Show this to your physician regularly.

2) You need to make her follow a strict less salt or low sodium salt diet. Reduce oily foods.

3) Since she is already paralyzed, regular physiotherapy sessions have to be taken to improve as much as possible. It is both time taking and painful, but you should do it.

4) Protect her from bed sore by making her sleep on air beds. Massage body regularly and apply Neosporin on Lesions on her body if any.

5) Encourage her to do regular movement of body to improve her condition.

6) Take prescribed medications without fail and have regular checkup done. You are a living kid of your mother, take good care of her.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Suhas Chauhan
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

my father had a stroke 1 year ago. given thrombolytic. now the left side is paralysed. can you suggest a better treatment. he is 72yrs. and will not allow physiotherapy due to pain. we are from kerala, some memmory loss is also there. he can sit on with support.

doctor1 MD

hi my name is Harshad Bangar and I have a query regarding my uncle and granny. My Uncle had a paralysis stroke on the right side , he can walk and talk, but he has drinking and smoking habbits. Is there a facility in the Balaji Tambe Hospital at Lonavala where we can admit my uncle to get him cured , also I would like to know whether we could admit my granny as she is on a complete bed rest and we would like to get a complete checkup done for her.

doctor1 MD

sir my name is sumalatha my father age 45yrs he is suffering from paralysis with left side stroke we have taken treatment in rohini hospital hanmakonda but of no use he didnt recovered.he is facing this problem since 18 months can you suggest me sir .is it require surgery sir ....please suggest me sir what we have to do sir he cant stand his own sir