Suggest treatment for knee arthritis

hi I am 68 years old weight 97 kg and height 5ft and half I am taking bosvate 15mg daily does I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my knee and it feels like the other may be going the same way does this med cause this problem also have cold hands an feet very tired and weight gain thank you
Fri, 27 Mar 2015
Dear patient
Your age and weight worsens symptoms of osteoarthritis. It is usually bilateral with one knee affected more than other. I would advise Xray of both knee anteroposterior and lateral views to assess severity of osteoarthritis. If it's involving all compartments you should avoid squatting and cross legged position. Take tab paracetamol 500 mg thrice a day for pain relief. Start quadriceps and hamstring strengthening exercises. If this benefits you continue it for life time. If your pain is not relieved by all this measures you should visit expert arthroplasty surgeon nearby you and ask for total knee replacement. Weight reduction would also benefit you.