Suggest treatment for keratitis in the left eye

I ve had keratitis in my left eye, due to having the shingles, for over 10 years. In 2013 I had cataract surgery on both eyes. Everything seemed to be doing fine until the fall of 2016 when I noticed objects were blurry in the left eye which had keratitis. Now I have the same problem in my right. My question to you is, Could it be a problem having surgery on my left eye again?
Mon, 10 Jul 2017
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Possible. Ophthalmic examination will be required to determine the cause of decreased vision in the right eye. If it is related to shingles (Varicella zoster virus), long term oral antivirals and topical steroids will be required until the virus settles down. Expect to be treated for months with Acyclovir or a similar medication for 6 months, but do get treated as Zoster tends to cause significant corneal scarring.