Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
127 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction when diagnosed and being treated for breast cancer

I m a 55 yr old male that has ED I was taking testosterone injections for awhile and they were helping. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with breast cancer, and have undergone a chemo regime. I m off the chemo, I will take a chemo pill for 5 yrs. My Oncologist says that testosterone is out due to the possibility of it bringing back my canncer. I m searching for alternatives for this. Please advise. Joe
Wed, 26 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response

I think testosterone has to avoid in your case. You can consider using Tadalafil (prescription drug) in low doses after discussing with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Shubham Mehta, Psychiatrist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, my baby girl just turned one year old. I stopped breastfeeding about six months ago. I ve been diagnosed with breastcancer about two weeks ago....