Suggest treatment for discolored nails

The middle part of my thumbnail has become detached from the nail bed and has become discolored in that spot. I had this occur before and a dermatologist had prescribed a cream that cleared up the problem. I don t remember the diagnosis or the cream that was prescribed. I was hoping someone can help me recall what might cause this problem and how to cure it, preferably with a natural remedy.
Mon, 24 Jun 2019

One of the common causes of nail discoloration is a fungal infection.

I suggest to use an antifungal cream to treat the discoloration such as Miconazole cream.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician