Suggest treatment for clogging in ears

Hi, my right ear seems clogged for some days now. It usually happened during rainy days earlier but now its been like that for a couple of days. However, if I press down my ear holding it from bottom, I am able to hear properly and everything seems fine. Please advice.
Mon, 26 Dec 2016
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi,looking at your symptoms,there can be two possibilities:

1.)Fungal infection in the outer ear.It is very common in rainy season as the rain water which might go inside ear ,may lead to increased humidity which may lead to fungal infection and it may lead to clogging of ear.

2.)Swollen wax :Due to the rain water going inside ear,the wax inside ear may swell leading to clogging of ear.

In both the cases,it is advisable to consult an Otolaryngologist Doctor.He/she would diagnose your ear condition by doing ear examination by otoscope and will do ear cleaning if required.

In the rainy season,protect your ear from water by using ear plugs.

Hope this answers your question.Take care.