Suggest treatment for avascular necrosis in head

Age 44,Male,Ht.173cm,slim, In 1984,fallen from cycle?hairline fracture of Lt.femur head.rest for 45 days.after 1 yr pain at Lt hip Jt. Drs misjudged .In1988 diagnosis was Avascular necrosis of Lt hip.now no pain,but Xray show necrosis of head,half head reduced,treatment? please.literature,on line site
Mon, 1 Dec 2014
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on HCM.
Avascular necrosis of femur head is commonly seen after mal alignment of previous fracture.
The only treatment option is joint replacement.
If only part of femur is affected ( hip bone is normal) than hemi arthroplasty is advised. In this technique only head of femur is replaced.
But if hip bone is also affected that total arthroplasty is indicated. This is known as Total Hip Replacement.
So better to consult replacement surgeon and discuss all these.