Suggest Treatment For Abscess In Tow After A Pedicure

Hi, I had an abscess on my toe after getting a pedicure. I went to the doctor and he lanced it. I used over the counter antibiotic cream and it cleared up in a couple days. The doctor also prescribed an oral antibiotic but I didn t take it. The doctors office called me with the results of the swab they did and told me it was a staph infection. Do I need to take the antibiotic at this point even though my toe has healed and is normal again?
Thu, 13 Jan 2022
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response

In case the wound has healed and pus has dried up then the oral antibiotic may be omitted.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shailja Puri, Pathologist and Microbiologist