Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
139 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for abnormal vaginal discharge

about 2 months ago i had trichomoniasis and was treated for it. 2 weeks after I had more discharge which looks clumpy and it sticks to the vaginal entrance, i cant remove it! The discharge that does come out has the feel of wet paper, its not a creamy texture at all. I took diflucan and it went away but in 1 week it returned. I did monistat 1 and it worked and now today 1 week later is back... Im really scared, i dont know what this is. Its odorless.
Tue, 27 Dec 2016
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response
Hallow Dear,

You had Trichomoniasis for which you were treated successfully and now you are having discharge which is suggestive of Fungal infection of vagina.

In fact, most of the times, Trichomoniasis and Fungal infection do exist simultaneously. Hence, along with the treatment for fungal infection, I would advise you to take treatment for Trichomoniasis simultaneously, particularly keeping in mind recent history of the infection.

These infections can get transmitted sexually. Hence, both the partners should get treated simultaneously irrespective of the symptoms. Also, till both the partners are declared completely cured, observe total sexual abstinence.

In addition to antifungal and Trichomona treatment (Metronidazole), use vaginal Lactobacilli ovules for a fortnight and use Lactobacilli perineal wash.

Along with the medicinal treatment, please observe the following instructions (both the partners):

1. Shave the private parts clean.

2. Clip the nails short.

3. Boil underwear every day.

4. Use panty liners (for you).

5. Keep commode clean.

I hope this will help to prevent recurrent infections.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have had a full hyst -omy 15 yrs ago and I now have trouble emptying my bowels I also have a y mbulge protruding from my vagina which is...