Suggest suitable treatment for major hepatitis-B infection of the liver leading to weight loss

Sir my wife s age is 26, weight 55. Infected with hbv. Hcv, hev, hav are negative. Sgot- 990, sgpt- 850, bilirubin-6.6% inr- 1.2, prothambin time 13.30 sec. Endoscopy normal, hbv DNA viral count 132300. Prescribed by doctor - heptral 400 OD, ursocal150- TID. With multivitamin neurocil. Doctor s advised me its accute infection so no treatment is required. But sir my question is that its major infection in liver with high counting of vires, LFT didn t come down within 01 month.continuously weight is decreasing. Please advice me or suggest me good treatment.
Tue, 12 Feb 2019

She is on initial infection is known as acute hepatitis B, meaning short-term inflammation of the liver. Most people are able to clear hep B from the body within six months of becoming infected.

If they clear it, they are no longer infected, nor can they infect others. Additionally, they now have hepatitis B antibodies, which will protect them from future reinfection.

So don't worry she is not recovering even after 6 months also from acute infection then please consult your hepatologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist