• question-icon

Suggest remedy for sphincter muscle spasm

My daughter has a problem with her sphincter muscle staying in spasm. this has been going on for about 10 months now and she has been to a rectal specialist that tried botox injections into the muscle. It helped some but not more than half. she is only 21 and about to get married. It is just wrong for a young person to suffer so much. It has taken most of her daily activities down to no more than sitting on her side to avoid sitting on her bottom which is in so much pain. Any help?
Wed, 27 Nov 2019

The sphincter muscle spasm can be helped to some extent with hot compress and oral muscle relaxants Botox injections should give her a long term relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon