• question-icon

Suggest remedy for headache & anxiety in patients post vp shunt surgery

hi sir. i had headache and earpain.for almost one year.i had consulted doctor n they told as obstructive hydrocephalus..and did vp shunt surgery..and then i got haemorage after operation..its get cleared..now i m facing double vision.i checked one of the best doctor and he s saying its a tension headache n tat surgery wasnt needed at all..... problems i m facing before surgery 1.head ache n back n side part of my head 2.anxiety 3.chestpain problems i m facing aftersurgery 1.head ache n back n side part of my head 2.anxiety 3.chestpain 4.doublevision
Thu, 14 Nov 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

First of all, the double vision after the head surgery means you have the sixth cranial nerve injury. The bleeding in the brain operations could lead to fibrosis and more obstruction to the flow of the CSF and this can elevate the intracranial pressure causing compression of the brain stem and the sixth cranial nerve lesion. You need to do an MRI T2-Weighted to assess the lesion in your brain and ask a specialist in neurosurgery for help.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Mustafa, Neurologist