Suggest remedy for fungal infection in groin area

I used to develop red color or reddish brown skin near groin area & inner thighs. It used to be coupled with boils, sometimes with puss. My doctor said it is a fungal infection & prescribed me to apply Kavon Lotion (Ketakonazole 2%) twice a day. But it has been 3 days gone now & it gives me inflammatory feeling & difficulty to walk. Skin of testicles sticks to inner thighs because of lotion & it pains if I move my leg. Is this condition known as Jock Itch? I also want to know how many days will it take to cure this fungal infection? Doc says inflammation is out of infection. Should I be patient & bear the pain few days as today is 4th day & m asked to apply this for 10 days.
Tue, 30 Sep 2014
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Thanks for asking.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows.
1. Yes, the pain is due to inflammation.
2. Fungal infection unlike bacterial will take longer to heal. Importantly, the area needs to be kept dry.
3. Take antihistamine and painkillers as necessary.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.