Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
145 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest medication for fungal infection in the pubic area

Hi, I have a pubic area fungal infection for which Dr. prescribed an anti-fungal cream and a hydrocortisone cream together, to use 2 x day for 1 month, after washing with a non-soap cleanser (Cetaphil). Does it really take 1 month to clear up? I am a 75 yr old female whose male partner had a penile fungal infection about 2 months ago (for which he saw Dr. & was treated successfully. I ve never had this before. Any suggestions? Thanks, Lou
Tue, 4 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You can apply topical antifungal like Clotrimazole for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms are persistent, you can consult a dermatologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... i am having fungal infection for the last 7 years and had been...