Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suffering with social phobia, scared to make eye contact with people, phobia of looking at body parts while speaking. Remedy?

Hi Doctor I am facing a social phobia , like I am not able to make eye contacts with the people I am talking to. Whenever I start speaking to people I have some type of phobia and I will start looking into their body parts. So because of this I try not looking at their faces and I will tell myself not to look at their body parts but it automatically leads me to look at their body parts. Because of this I cannot speak properly to girls as well as men.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello. On the basis of information provided it appear that you are suffering from either social phobia or you have anxious avoidant personality disorder. As far as management is concerned there is no medication which can change you overnight in to a different person. For this you need a psychologist who work with you over these issues and make you learn social skill and you implement them and get over your problem. It a long process of learning and you should be compliant to the advice given in therapy. It is not a easy thing but can be achieved if you have good motivation to get out of it.
Best way is to follow the advice in therapy very sincerely .
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor