Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering with prostate cancer, spread through bone, remote chances of cure. Better treatment in India?

Dear sir. My father is suffering from prostate cancer . The cancer cell is spreed through bone. Our doctor say that there is no possibility to cure him.Doctor give him hormone therapy .We have done all necessary test like prostate biopsy , CT scan of whole abdomen, CT scan of chest, bone scan. If you could kindly inform me, is there any better treatment in India? Mesbah-ul-alam Assistant Director Department of Environment Dhaka Bangladesh E-mail: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Since tumor has spread to bones it is impossible to get it cured.By the way have his bilateral architectonic (Removal of Testis)being done.Since you have done all the test and investigations as per advice of oncologist or urologist.There is nothing much can be done except giving a palliative hormonal therapy that currently being given to him.and ovserve his serum P.S.A level frequently.If these metastasis give him severe pain you will have to give him selective radiotherapy.
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor