Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suffering with liver problem since months, suggested liver transplantation. Is there any other alternative?

hello! i am Awinash Rai from Guwahati. I have been suffering from a serious liver problem from quite a few months. According to Army Hospital of Guwahati, 80 % of my liver has been damaged & according to them, i ll have to go to Delhi for further treatment. they even suggested liver transplantation . i want to know if you can provide me with some other alternative. please suggest what i need to do as soon as possible. thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Hi Awinash,
If the residual liver function is just 20% then replacement by way of transplantation is the only option. Delhi is the place where the success rate of transplantation especially with the liver is the best. So I would suggest you first consult Dr Soin from Medanta Liver clinic in Delhi and see what he has to say. then take a decision.
With regards
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor