Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suffering from renal cell carcinoma. Showing recurrence of carcinoma near kidney. Suggested surafenib 400mg. Treatment?

one of my elder sister was suffering from renal cell carcinoma .Four months before doctors completed nephrectomy of her right kidney.A completion of nephrectomy one oncologist completed 20 radiotherapy course. Now it is showing recurrence of carcinoma near the right kidney.At this moment dr. suggest to eat tab-surafenib 400mg twice daily. we are not rely on this doctor.There is any better treatment for her. cancer still not spread another part of the body. Please suggest. Thanks Rabiul Islam.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist 's  Response
since you said your sister has recurrence it is important to confirm whether recurrence is confined to local region only or if there is spread to distant parts of the body. If the recurrence is solitary, resection of the lesion would help. Sorafenib is for metastatic disease. Since her disease has come back in just 4months, you need to understand that she has got aggressive cancer and whatever treatment is offered the responses are shortlived
Answered: Sat, 21 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor