Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering from male pattern baldness. Suggest some allopathy or homoeopathy treatment?

Hi Doctor, My self ratnesh my age is 30 i suffering from male pattern balledness , i notice that from last one and half year. please suggest me which treatment i go with alopathy or homeopathy . I found that there is two alopathy medicines for that Rogaine and Propecia . My question is indian dermotoligist also suggest same treatment. And what is the cost of treatment
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  289
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
HELLO MR Ratnesh
welcome to HCM
hair fall in males is common to occur after an age of 25 or 30.
The process begins where in there is regular thinning of hair leading to different patterns of hair loss.
the reasons for the hair fall are basically determined by genetic make up, and local factors. diet nutrition, habits, underlying medical conditions do have a role to play inthe causation of hair fall.
The prescription of Rogaine and propecia are not the only allopathic medications. there are many more which are available and many methods that are capable of reversing hair fall.
Do consult your nearest dermatologist for better understanding of your hair fall.
please feel free to contact for any further help
thank you
Dr satya
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. C V Praveen Kumar Reddy's  Response
hi and welcome to hcm,
you told you are suffering from male pattern baldness,which has several factors to play with, you did not mention about your hair fall and severiaty, for hairfall as dr prasad told u have many medicines to stop hair fall, but if u have already developed baldness, looking at your age may be you have to go for haortransplant,consult near by plastic surgeon
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Male pattern baldness can be controlled by using Mintop5% 1ml twice daily for 4-6months and T.Finax1mg once daily for the same duration to get good results and this should be continued for persistent results.Cost of the abovesaid treatment comes to around 500-600rupees per month.There are other treatments which could cost you a little higher like T.Andranagen once daily with Restocia solution for the same duration with minimal sideeffects.You can contact me for further queries.
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mayank Singh's  Response
Hi ratneshbharos
Thanks for posting your query on healthcare magic
The condition you are talking about is male pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia.The etiology of this condition is mostly genetic or hereditary running either in the maternal or paternal side.
Ill tell you in brief about androgenic alopecia so that it is of help to you.
Androgenetic alopecia is a genetically determined disorder which is an extremely common disorder that affects roughly 50% of men and perhaps as many women older than 40 years.It is progressive through the gradual conversion of terminal hairs into indeterminate hairs and finally to vellus hairs. Patients with androgenetic alopecia have a reduction in the terminal-to-vellus hair ratio, normally about 4:1. Following miniaturization of the follicles, fibrous tracts remain. Patients with this disorder usually have a typical patterned distribution of hair loss.
Only 2 drugs currently have US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)–approved indications for treatment of androgenetic alopecia: topical application of minoxidil and oral tab finasteride( which mentioned by you as propecia).
Minoxidil comes in various brand names like for eg rogaine mentioned by you or mintop and tugain .So the efficacy doesnt vary with the brand but the way of application .With the dropper take 1 ml of liquid minoxidil of any brand and apply on your scalp skin of the affected area and not on the hair itself.The application needs to be twice daily .these medications do not regenerate new hair .they will only help you retain the existing hair so that your degree of alopecia doesn't increase further.But before taking these you should consult a Hair Transplant surgeon /a dermatologist or a trichologist or any doctor specializing in hair problems to confirm diagnosis .
Also you may add antidandruff shampoo if you face the dandruff problem.
You may use parachute advanced scalp care therapy twice a week and wash it off in morning with X gain shampoo( twice a week only )
Take plenty of fish , green leafy vegetables , fruits and loads of water .
All this will help you retain your existing hair .BUT If you want to replace the lost hair then you can undergo a hair transplant procedure depending upon the grade and occurance of alopecia
I hope i have answered to most of your queries
If you have any more doubts feel free to post again
God Bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Consultant Plastic , Cosmetic , Hair Transplant & Laser Surgeon
New Delhi,India
Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor