• question-icon

What do my lab test report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I was using Chymotra Minoxidil 5 % with Absolute Alochol 40% v/v. I ordered another Chymotra online when the earlier one got over. But I noticed a difference in the two packs. The new Chymotra Minoxidil has the same Minoxidil content but it's In-adhesive Base . I don't know how alochol base and Adhesive Base are different but I am wondering is the new Pack real or fake.
Please suhhest.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Available in both preparations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that Minoxidil is available both in alcohol base and in-adhesive base. These are simply two different types of preparations. This alone does not indicate whether the item is genuine or fake. I think that you can use it and see if you are getting the desired action. I hope that there would be no difference in output.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 25 hours later

Thank for your reply Doctor.

I have one more question to ask. My doctor has suggested me to start PRP treatment.I have thin hair in the crown area. So , I wanted to know how effective is PRP?

I don't have any history of family baldness.

Thanks
Abhinav
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Effective and cost-effective as well

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) has become a newer method for the treatment. PRP injection has been found to be simple, cost effective and feasible treatment option for androgenic alopecia, with high overall patient satisfaction. I would insist you to go through the following academic papers:
https://www.yyyyyyy.nlm.yyy.gov/pmc/yyyyyyyy/PMC0000/
https://www.yyyyyyyyy.nlm.yyy.gov/pmc/yyyyyyyyy/PMC0000/

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha