Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Suffering from elbow pain. Is it because of over usage of computer keyboard ?

Hi, I am 27 year old , I have been suffering because of the mild Elbow pain for last 2 years . I am a soft ware engineer by proffession. I am not sure why this could have happened because of over usage of computer keyborad or for lifting some waits. previously it was for both the elbows and toe middle bone . now its only to the Right Elbow I have got fed up seeing orthopedicians . one doctor has taken Xray and given 8-9 pills a day .. when I have changed the doctor . He asked me to go through some blood tests which came very normal. he asked me to take some mild pain killers there after , but it was of no use .. he just kept changing the pain killers but nothing came out. Finally I stoped seeing doctors and started to live with the pain. I am not sure who treats with this kinda of disease .. I suspect it may be something like .. Tennis elbow , Golfers elbow or orthitis ..but i dont have any swelling .. for some relive intially I have tried massaging with some oils and some Iceing and Resting & wearing elbow gaurds . but it was just temporary relive .. I didn t have any .. i need some permanaent solution So Please advice which Doctor i have to see to get rid of this Please suggest me some good solution for this
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1518
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Best would be to visit a good Orthopedic Surgeon, who has good experience with your kind of medical problem.
Hope you will find some info on
Answered: Wed, 24 Aug 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Sidharth's  Response
hi..see ur prob is mainly because of faulty ergonomic of ur work station which has cased RSI(repetitive stress injury)..there is continous stress on the muscle and tendon which cause inflammation and pain.
for permanent solution u need to do followings:
1. design ur work station ergonomically.
2. consult a physiotherapist for treatment
3. use elbow band and apply ice thrice daily.
4. do exercises daily to strengthen ur muscle. (prescribed by physiotherapist)
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor