Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chest pain, feel like bruise with back hurt. X-ray normal and UPT negative. Suggestion?<br><br>

for the last four days i have been having chest pains. the type of pain that just feels like a bad bruise on the inside and eventually makes my upper back hurt. i feel weak and shakier than usual. my nose started bleeding monday night and then again tuesday morning. i have been throwing up after i eat since saturday night. and my stomach feels fine until then. i went to the er and they took chest xrays and did a pregnancy test which as negative. the xrays showed no concern so i really dont know whats going on.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello there,

Thanks for posting on HCM,

From your description you are having a chest pain that is probably due to peptic ulcer diseases (PUD) or gastrooesophageal reflux diseases (GERD) or acute gastritis or acute oesophagitis. If you would have precised the exact location of the pain or where it pains most ( like the pain is retrosternal) it will orient us better into determining the origin of the pain. If the pain is more on the ribs, then it might be acute costochondritis or angina pectoris. Normally before performing an X-ray, doctor had to examine you physically and locate the area where the pain is most intense either by properly interviewing you and/or examining you before requesting for X-rays or laboratory tests, as this would have oriented the exams asked.
I suggest you still get back to the hospital and get examined properly. As if any of the above mentioned conditions are responsible appropriate treatment will be required. If acute PUD or GERD or Gastritis then proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole or h2 inhibitors such as ranidine and/or associated to antacids to treat the affection will be required. Running a test to determine the presence of H. pylori will also be important to determine infectious cause of the gastritis.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor