Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chest pain. X-ray, blood work, ct scan tested normal. what is the treatment for costochondritis?

what is the treatment for costochondritis? My father ,88 years old, has severe intermitten chest pains on his right side he has had chest xray upper GI blood work ct scan ,hi def, all check out normal , pain relief medication does not help the pain last from 2 hours to about 6 hours what do think??this has been going on for 6 weeks he has an appointment to see a pain management doc
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern for your father looking to the history given here and the age of your father certain pain killing medicine should be given with full precaution and under the medical supervision, in my opinion the moral support would work very nicely than the medicine try to spend more time with him, he would be in need of some company, hope this information helps you have nice day.
Answered: Wed, 23 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor