Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Paraplegia. Is there any possible treatment ?

Hi! My father got an gunshot injury at his back before 8 years back.and its to long time that he is suffering from complete Paraplegia D 12 level.please help me if there is any treatment for him to make him stand properly.please help me.i dont have any source who will help me to cure my father.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello,welcome to healthcaremagic,paraplegia D12 or any sort should be treated by a
good physiotherapist and he should also do some spinal extension exercises.If done
properly would positively show results.MRI should also be done to ensure things and
take opinion from an orthopaedic and neurosurgeon too for good results.please tell him to sit straight,while sleeping keep your legs elevated by pillow ,take hard bed,
and stand erect,I think by maintaining posture would also help you a lot in curing
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist VIKRANT BHARDWAJ's  Response
hi,welcome to HCM,your father needs to proper evaluation physiotherapeutically, to see current level of functions.
there are orthotic support to make patient stand but for that proper current evaluation of patient is can consult to SCI(spinal injuries centre) delhi.
There are some NGOs working and funding such patients.
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor