• question-icon

Suffer from sinusitis and myasthenia gravis. Need to gain weight. Any suggestions?

Hi doctor! Ever since I was extremely ill from sinusitis and myasthenia gravis I cannot seem to gain my weight back. Correction, I gained back the 10 pounds but for some reason I lost my butt and my thighs... I look tiny. Are there any suggestions? I am starting to work out more often, hopefully I will start to see a positive difference. I know most people increase their protein intake in order to gain more healthy weight in the right areas, but recall that with this disorder I should lower my protein intake. Any advice would be great, I just want my womanly body back.
Sincerely,
Christina Mueller
Tue, 25 Jun 2013
Hello.
To gain weight in the presence of chronic illnesses needs a careful diet regimen and a regular exercise. You need to have more of body building foods rich in protein. Do consult a dietitian for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
drtayal72@gmail.com