Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Stroke which rendered unable to talk, violent and frustrated. Any medicine to calm and feel better ?

My sister suffered a stroke which rendered her unable to talk; she is extremely frustated because of her inability to communicate, she has become violent and will not cooperate with any of the staff of nursing home. There has to be a calming medication for her to feel better and eliminate the violence. The ;nursing home has threatened to transfer her to a mental health facility. That will kill her and her family; what s happened to her is devistating to all of us. Please offer a suggestion or suggestions. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

Please note that symptoms related to brain stroke depends upon the area of brain affected by stroke. If the language area is damaged the symptoms that you have described will be manifested. She needs constant speech therapy which will help her regain her speech function gradually. Apart, if she has violence, you may consult a local psychiatrist who will prescribe medications for calming her down.

Hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor