Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Stomach bug, loud rumbling noises, spastic colon

I was ill with a stomach bug last Thursday. Ever since then, my stomach has been making loud rumbling noises and even though the watery stools stopped yesterday morning (Sunday), it feels as though I need to go to the bathroom every 2 hours due to my stomach. I have a spastic colon and therefore, I am used to my stomach only going once a day, however, now it seems to be almos 3 to 4 times. Please help?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  337
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
I can understand this the sound that you hear could be peristalsis wave sound but if this is spastic colon then this sound is unlikely, the chances of some protozoa infection is likely, if I would be your doctor then I would treat this with the following medicines
1) Tab Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice day for four days
2) Tab Tinidazole 700mg twice in day for four days
hope this information helps you have nice day.
Answered: Thu, 3 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor