Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Stomach blows to double size after eating, with constant burps and gas. Suggestion?

Hello, I have had stomach problems since I have had my two children. When I eat, my stomach blows up to double it s regular size. I have constant feeling of gas and burps. Sometimes the pain can be so bad that I am doubled over and can t stand up straight. I am 34, is this just my body changing due to getting older or could this be more serious?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  232
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given, it appears that you have problem with digestion of food. The most common reason for indigestion is excess acid inside stomach and the same should be treated with ranitidine or rabeprazole. The other way to treat is by supplementing the body digestive enzymes, by giving them by mouth. If symptoms persist you should get a USG scan of abdomen done.

Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further help in detail, I will be more than happy to help you.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Pooja Reddy MD
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms can be caused by aerophagia, chronic bacterial infection, IBS, partial bowels obstruction or abdominal hernia (if you have had C-section, hernia in the scar is also possible).

Aerophagia is simply increased air intake through mouth due to fast eating, drinking carbonated drinks, chewing gum, loose dentures.

Chronic bacterial infection can lead to bloating due to increased gas production by bacterias. Stool tests should be done to rule it out. Rifaximine treatment can be beneficial in such case.

Partial bowels obstruction is more possible if you have had any abdominal surgeries before (C-section for example).

You should visit gastroenterologist, have physical examination. Abdominal CT with oral contrast (enterolcysis) should be considered.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor