Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Spleen enlargement, which specialist can cure ?

Hi My father is suffering from spleen enlargement kindly guide us how we can cure this and should consult to which specialist ?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  395
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM
By itself spleinic enlargement is always indicative of some systemic illness. There are many causes of spleen enlargement, which can be categorized as those causing mild, moderate or massive splenomegaly. Under each of these categories, there are neoplastic, non neoplastic as well as infectious causes. How each one of them is treated, depends on the cause.
There are staged investigations to find out the cause, important preliminary investigations are a complete blood count, ultrasound and if required a bone marrow evaluation. Most of the conditions may be broadly taken as curable. So you should consult a hematologist who will be the best person to find out the cause and help you with the needful.
Best of Luck
Answered: Tue, 7 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor