Soreness inside left lip, white area in middle of lower teeth, inside out left lower lip. History of chewing nicotine gum, using nicotine patch. Help

A few days ago, I noticed my left lip inside was very sore. The next day, I noticed this in my right lip but a little smaller. When I looked inside my mouth, I saw some off white area and a right spot in the middle of my lower teeth. I went to the doctor and they were not sure what it was and have made an appointment for me to see a specialist. My left lower lip is sort of inside out. Do you know what this can me? I have no allergies that I know of. I chewed nicotine gum for about 10 years (havfewe a problem getting off nicotine, but am now using nicotine patch which is working pretty. I quit nicotine once before and got through the use of patches.
Wed, 21 Aug 2013