Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Sore chest after an accident. Not responding to panadol. Need to see a doctor?

It has been 8 days since I was in a car accident and my chest is still sore, when I wake up in the morning it hurts just under my ribs then during the day it hurts in the middle on my chest I between my breast . It gets worst then goes away for awhile then comes back for about 10-20 mins, I have gone to the doctor and he told me to take panadol but this is not helping, it feels like stabbing achy pain and it really hurts, i am only 17 and don t know if I should go see the doctor again or what.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As 8 days passed and still you are having chest pain, there is likely of having fracture of one or more ribs.
Go for x-ray chest to rule of fracture.
consult orthopedic surgeon get examined.
Mean while take NSAID pain killer as and when required.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor