Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Small red shaped spot on scrotum which oozed clear liquid, had unprotected sex. STD ?

I recently had unprotected sex (2 weeks ago). I went to a sexual health clinic to get checked out a few days later, but was advised to come back in two weeks to check again. i ve just came across as small red shaped spot on my scrotum (just the one) and when i checked further and felt it, it was hard to at the touch and with a small hole/crater which then oozed clear liquid when i squeezed it. I was just wondering if it is something to be concerned about? I do not have any other spots whatsoever on penis or scrotum, just this one itself which must be like 2mm in diameter. Can you please give me your advice
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Heya Colin. I read your story with interest. It appears that the lesion you describe was some sort of 'milium' or 'degenrative cyst' may have been friction induced. Your description also closely mimics a viral skin infection called molluscum which is treated by obliterating it in toto or removing it & is a simple office procedure effected by one of several methods depending on the expertise & equipment at the dermatologist's disposal. Basically, it does not seem anything to be concerned about & do keep your appointment as suggested. Cheers!
Answered: Thu, 23 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor