Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Small child, indent in head due to fall, bump formed. Cure for symptoms?

My 4 year old fell in the tub 3days ago and he hit the soap dish that is attached to the wall and it was indented but with in seconds it appeared to go back to normal I touched it a felt a bump but above that there was still a small dent it is now 12:03am and there is still a small dent, but he appears fine what do I do?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Since 3 days have already passed and your child is asymptomatic,there is nothing to worry.
The dent in scalp is small one and it will take few days to go.
If indentation persist and if there is any discomfort you can consult your pediatrician.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman's  Response

After the fall, if there had been no ear/nose bleed or clear fluid draining from nose or fits or altered consciousness or vomiting- there is nothing much to worry.

The bump will get okay in about a week.
Any minor bony injury to the skull may take about 3 months to heal.

If the dent persists and you have any cosmetic issues over it, you may consult a doctor for the same.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your kid good health.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor