Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Small child, difficulty walking, high CPK reading, autism. Treatment?

My 12 year old son couldn t walk today. His CPK reading was 3000. Six years ago he had the same problem and was admitted to Children s Hospital and they diagnosed the problem as caused by a virus. Having happened a second time, is a virus the likely cause still? Is his reading unusually high? He is mildly autistic, which I assume has no relevance to this problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Is there associated any fever ?
Is the child on any medication?
It seems a myositis mostly of a viral in origin.
Required rest, plenty of oral fluids and analgesics if the pain is severe.His urine output and the colour to be monitored.
Consult your Pediatrician for the assessment and appropriate management.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor