Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Slipped and injured knee, severe after cycling. MRI showed myxoid degeneration of posterior horn, bad pain while walking. Whats the cure?

Hi!My age is 27 and i slipped in the wash room three years back.I was having lil pain in my knee at times but when i started cycling i became severe.The results of MRI scan are: Anterior cruciate ligament and posterior cruciate ligament appears to be intact.Apart from myxoid degeneration of posterior horn of medical meniscus ,no additional abnormality m having bad pain in knee while standing and walking what is the best cure for this.What is the prescribed medicine for severe pain?is this cureable?I am extremely depressed.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
I would consider a diagnostic arthroscopy as MRI scans are neither 100 percent sensitive or specific. this is a relatively minor day case surgery where a camera is put into your knee joint for assessment through small incisions and any issue that are found can usually be dealt with.
Answered: Mon, 31 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor