Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Sinus infection with a deviated septum. Sleeping with open mouth, blocked nose. Surgery suggested. Second opinion?

Hi, i have a sinus infection and a deviated septum . It s been more than 4 years. I can breath during day, however I keep my mouth opened while sleeping and I always wake up tired due to my blocked nose and because I never reach the deep sleep level. I snore as well. What should I do? One doctor said that if I do surgery for my deviated septum my problem will be solved! Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Your problem seems to be because of two things: DNS which is causing nasal obstruction and your tired feeling can be because of obstructive sleep apnoea which can be because of DNS also or there can be other causes for it also. Need to go for sleep study for that. Otherwise, DNS can be corrected with surgery. Regards
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor